Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nine and Fine

Today is my nephew's 9th Birthday!  Almost a decade old and almost double digits.  That's too hard to believe.  I'm starting to think we should start cataloging all of our memories with my nephews before we forget them.  I'm afraid to share too many on my blog as my nephew's growing up and might not think they're as cute as I do.



It is amazing how many things we say because my nephew said them long ago.  He's outgrown them and yet, we still use the sayings often.  "They're hhhhoooge (huge)."  "I'll tell you something. Let's have pizza and cookies."  "Thank you Papaw.  This was the best show ever, ever, ever!"  "Look at 'em.  Isn't it so cute?  It's just so cuute." "Osh-kosh-bi-gosh!" "Twas the night before Christmas..."and reciting almost the ENTIRE poem. 

I remember when my sister told us that she was pregnant.  She asked me to go to one of her first doctor's visits.  We could hear his heart beat.  It was overwelming how fast his little heart was beating inside of her tummy.  I loved him immediately and even bought a frame to put his baby picture on my desk before he was born. 

 

And now, this is his last birthday before he turns over to the double digits.  I don't know what I'll do when he turns 16 or 21 or gets married.  I'm going to just have to let him grow up so he'll keep including me in his life.  We've had so much fun so far!!

p.s. Neither of these pics are too recent.  Sadly, the pictures I just took of him were on my sister's camera from his b-day party last weekend. 

1 comment: