Saturday, March 26, 2011

Madness

After going to the Pacers game this weekend and then watching Butler on CBS fight their way to the Final Four, two games couldn't be more different. 


Larry Bird close-up shot.
  • The highlights of the Pacer game include our seats, seeing Larry Bird closer, Boomer climbing in the fans seats right next to us, and Blue II (Butler mascot dog) making an appearance on court during a time out. 
Boomer standing right next to my seat feeding a fan her ice cream. 
 
  • The highlights of the Butler game include jumping up and down to see them stay in the game, play hard and win in overtime... oh, and who would have guessed between the two games, you could see Reggie Miller at the Butler game as one of the announcers.  Not to come down too hard on the Pacers b/c I'm still a fan who'd love to see them build another great team, but uhh, hopefully, they were watching the Butler/Florida game for a few tips on Defense. 





Butler's mascot, Blue II, visits the Pacers game.

Speaking of Butler, for the first time, my hubby's cousins all got in on the bracket challenge.  With 25 cuz's filling out brackets, it makes for some fun smack talk online. 

I don't really watch college sports, but I do enjoy March Madness.  I remember the weekend my nephew was born.  My mom and I rushed home after a day at the hospital to catch IU's only final four appearance since the Bobby Knight days.... how sad that they didn't even make it to the dance this year. 

Well, now that my bracket's pretty much blown to pieces with Duke out and only Kansas being left from my final four picks, I'm all the more excited to route for the home team.  The madness continues this March.





No comments:

Post a Comment