Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Twenty little fingers and twenty little toes!





My mom and I co-hosted a shower this past weekend for a friend having TWIN GIRLS!  Having gone to many showers together, this was the first time my mom and I collaborated on hosting a shower together.  Using a secret Pinterest board to share our ideas, we came up with some really creative and fun concepts.  Of course time is a factor, so we couldn't do them all.  And yet, I think it turned out really well...especially considering most of our guests seemed to linger and talk for a while.  That is always a good sign. 




We decided on a pink and green theme to celebrate the twin girls and Spring!




      
Even our punches celebrated the color theme! 
Lime Slush by Paula Dean and Bubbly Love Potion (Raspberry Punch).


Don't you love the glasses and green & white paper straws?
We found the glasses at Target and the straws at the Flying Cupcake!



Going with a brunch theme, most of the food was very simple and yummy.  









My mom found the idea for these silverware napkins. Aren't they darling?
She says she's not crafty, but once again, this proves her wrong.


And of course, these cupcakes came from Gigi's Cupcakes.  
After a taste test, strawberry was my favorite.



(These are the flag bunting from my last post!)



I found an easy way to make the diaper cake here.  It really is simple, makes a pretty 
center piece for the gift table, plus diapers are such a great gift.  




Our group activity.  I googled baby shower games for twins and came across this one. It even had different border colors to choose from. Perfect. 


One of the main reasons I wanted to throw this shower was to help my friend with the big items they'd be purchasing again for the second time.  So I was thrilled when we were able to buy them a crib AND a car seat.

Both items were delivered directly to the family, but I wanted those who went in on the gift to see what we gave. So I used a little left over fabric as a background and framed images of the gifts printed from online.  And we had a group card using a little fabric for the "flags" on it too.

This was a fun shower to host, especially for such a dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment