Friday, April 19, 2013

Baby Shower

Just before Easter, I was invited to a baby shower for a friend.  This was her third, and she already had a boy and a girl.  So, it was more of a girls' night.  And we had such a good time.  I wanted to share this experience for two reasons...

1. If you're looking for something fun to do with the girls that's stress free (no cleaning, cooking, etc.), have your event at The Flying Cupcake.  The one up in Carmel is a pretty good size.  Everyone bought a cupcake, sat around a large table for an hour and talked.  It was great!

2. It is so refreshing to get together with a group of women and be real! I loved not feeling any undertones of uncertainty or trying to out do each other.  It was just women being open and sharing and talking about real life.  I guess it was refreshing to be around people sharing about giving birth and having babies since I feel as if I've been in a cocoon for a while.  I've asked my friend if she would share her friends so we could do this again. I think the feeling was unanimous! :)




My friend the week before she had her baby girl.  
You can follow her amazing blog at messageinamasonjar.com.  
The current post on her blog shows pics of the new sweet babe and her other darlings.


The women at the "shower."



 If you haven't been to The Flying Cupcake. It's darling.  I love the shabby chic style. 




I saw their delivery van shortly after, and it cracked me up! The logo of the cupcake with wings is on top of the van.  You can't miss it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment