I decided to make flag bunting banners for a baby shower this past week. It seemed like a good idea as I perused the many amazing pins on Pinterest. I mean I had after all made Baby Girl's curtains. So I could tackle a few triangles.
It wasn't until I sat down to the sewing machine (the one I borrowed from my mom-in-law) when I realized how much I was still a novice at the whole sewing thing. I truly began having heart palpitations and beating myself up in my mind when I realized I couldn't even thread the machine...let alone load the bobbin with thread.
After several attempts of teaching myself and not wanting to break the machine, I broke down and asked for help. My text for help came with a surprising response. My mom-in-law was coming. that night. Saturday night. to help me thread the machine. Saying that she had wanted to show me earlier and being so understanding, I was overwhelmed by her kindness. I hated to impose...especially when it was my mess.
But by the time she left that evening, I once again felt confident with using the machine and was off to the races. I made three banners (two for above the kitchen island where the food was; and one for the fireplace.). I even made a table runner to match.
I felt so good by the end that I was trying to think of what else I could sew.
Below are pictures of the creation in process followed by a couple from the actual party. I got the template for the flags by googling images online. And my mom and I picked out the fabrics at JoAnn Fabrics.








No comments:
Post a Comment