Speaking of nicer weather, we just got back from a trip to Cancun.
And it was a blast!!
And by blast, I mean relaxing, honeymoon-like and just plain wonderful. The beach was beautiful...soft, white sand and gorgeous blue tones in the water. And most of all, it was just me and Hubs. (Well, us and several hundred other employees. :)
He was chosen as one of the Top Performers of the Year for his company (top 10%). I'm so proud of him. He works hard, and I know that his job can be stressful. But overall, I think he really enjoys it. Quite a few people on the trip told me how much they appreciate his dedication.
This was the view from our room. We couldn't believe the place! All inclusive, great food, fiesta architecture, amazing service... The hotel was called Fiesta Americana, and that's exactly what it felt like... like we were in Mexico instead of an American resort! And the travel company did a phenomenal job organizing it all.
For only being gone a total of four days, we fully enjoyed our time.
...naps, beach time, massages at the spa, tour of the presidential suite, food, naps, listening to the ocean, watching part of a live Pacers game on tv, meeting Hubs' coworkers, fire dancers, food, naps, walking along the ocean every day, seeing a full rainbow, eating lots of chips, lime and guacamole...
But one of my favorite things we did was watching the sun rise. It was a cloudy morning, but the clouds broke just long enough for the sun to burst through. Pictures can't justify the beauty of the moment. ...but of course, I tried. Scroll down through the pictures below to watch it as it rises.
Going on this trip was such an amazing opportunity. And the timing was not only good for us but also Baby Girl. She was able to trust and bond with our family more, and for that, I'm so thankful. And now, the saying goes, "What happens with the grandparents, stays with the grandparents."
![]() |
| A new hiding spot under the coffee table. |
![]() |
| Such a big girl. Someone besides Mommy feeding her. |
![]() |
| A new "toy." |
![]() |
| Playing with pots and pans for the first time. |
![]() |
| Thank you to my parents for watching Baby Girl. And thank you to our friends and family who came to visit while we were gone! We love you! |



















I just love that you all got to do this and watching the sun rise on the beach is one of my favorite things.
ReplyDelete