Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!


This was our Valentine picture last year. I was between seven and eight months pregnant.


And this is our Valentine's Day pic this year as a family of three!
As you can see, we were "Crazy 4" a certain someone before she was even born.

And because I love my baby girl so much... And because V-Day is TOPS in my book... 
Baby Girl hosted a party for her first Valentine's Day! 




We both had V-Day jammies for the morning 
and a special V-day outfit for the day. 


I loved sharing this day with her. She melts my heart, and I so wanted the day to be special. It almost felt like her first birthday I was so excited!





And we were excited to have our special guests for the day too.  
We had fun activities for the kiddos including decorating cupcakes, 
Charlie Brown's Valentine's Day cartoon, coloring and giving everyone V-Day cards. 

However, Baby Girl wasn't so sure about giving the V-Day cards away. We'd put one in her hand to give to someone, and she was shocked when they took it out of her hand. 



But I think Baby Girl enjoyed playing with her present from her grandma the best.  
It was a super cool rain stick that made a kind of soothing, fun noise.


And Ri LOVED her presents from Grandma too!


Baby Girl also seemed to be super curious about the V-Day cards we made ahead of time for the grandparents. They had her feet prints making a heart.  

Earlier that week, I inked her feet and pressed them on the paper. You could see the wheels turning in her mind when her feet got all stamped up. And afterwards, we washed her feet in the sink. She pretty much loved the whole experience. That helped make the cards easy to create since I didn't stress over the feet placement being perfect. 





We had a fabulous time with our guests, and we're so glad they could come. We missed Jo and Con since he was under the weather. And I wish I would have thought ahead of time to see if Hubs could have taken a little time off to stay home for the morning. But over all, it was glorious. And we had so many treats to share that everyone got a goodie bag to take home too!









Family Fun!


All in all, it was a great day. But by that evening, I, er, I mean, Baby Girl was pretty tired.
She may have worn V-Day jammies for the evening too.


1 comment:

  1. So I wanted to leave a comment on all your last post.

    1. Love the Christmas treats--adorable!
    2. Love the V Day party with your life group--I love V Day too!
    3. The picture of Grandma Mayes holding the "Whatever" heart is PRICELESS!!!

    ReplyDelete