Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Can you guess where I've been?

I had a great time out the other day just running a few errands.  Come with me, and let's see if you can guess where I went...



Above: Did you know there are entire magazines devoted to aprons? 
And they're so pretty.  I loved this one called "lemonade days." 



Above:  There are also magazines devoted entirely for scrapbooking.  This one was all about Cricket. I think I could really get into the Cricket machine, but I'm not sure I want to invest in all of the extras you have to buy to use it.  Still, it is super cool what all you can make with it. 


Above: This magazine is what brought me to this location.  The Hubs mentioned that he saw it online and would really like to read it.  I wanted to get some fun things for him incase we're at the hospital for a while before the little one arrives. 

Can you guess where I am?
Answer: Barnes & Noble
I love going to the magazine section.  
It was one of the things the hubs and I would do on a date night.  



Above: I love the colors of the dishes in this display.  Aren't they beautiful? 



Above: I also love the dishes above.  They have the most beautiful shades blues and greens.  If only I had more blow money.  I think one of each of these would have made it home with me that day.

Can you guess where I am?
Answer: Crate & Barrel

 

Above: Is this not the cutest girl room and play things? I love the butterfly mobile and all of the great kitchen toys.  Needless to say, I rarely visit this store or at this point, I don't even get the magazine.  It's all too tempting right now and a bit high on the price.  But it sure is pretty.

Can you guess where I am?
Answer: Pottery Barn Kids



Above: It's tradition to make these sour cream sugar cookies each Easter.  I forgot to take a picture once they're decorated, but here's a link to finished cookies from a previous Easter.  I decided to take it easy this year, and I only made one batch.  That is taking it easy because I've been known to make triple batches before to share with everyone.   

Can you guess where I am?
Answer: Home!

Most days, I don't stay out very long.  I just don't have the energy and simple tasks seem to take more time. But that's okay. There's a little one baking in the oven, and she should be ready any time!  I'm 39 weeks today and very ready to meet her.  

Speaking of baking, here's the sugar cookie recipe I use.  

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
3 1/4 c. sifted flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. soft butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. sour cream

Directions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Sift flour, soda and salt and set aside. In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Add sour cream. Gradually, add flour mixture while beating. Chill. Roll to 1/4" thickness. Bake 10 to 12 minutes on cookie sheet.

** Two things I have learned that help to make this delicious.  Use the bigger cookie cutters to get nice, big cookies. Do NOT roll out the dough thinner than the 1/4" thickness.  They are better a little thicker.

Icing

Ingredients:
2 c. sifted confectioner's sugar
1/2 c. butter
1 t. vanilla extract
1 1/2 T. milk


Directions:
Cream sugar, butter and vanilla. Add a small amount of milk (1 to 2 tablespoons).  If frosting is too sweet or thick, add a little more milk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment