Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Baby Girl Nursery

I think one of my favorite things to post on my blog is "make overs" of our house.  With our baby due in less than two weeks, my attention has been on finishing the nursery.  I am really pleased with how it has turned out.  If I have the energy and drive, I might paint some of the furniture so it will match, but other than that, I believe it is pretty much as ready as possible for our little sweet one to move in.


Above: We painted the walls a light gray several months ago (even before we knew the sex of the baby).  I'm so glad we did because it allowed me to add a lot of color to the nursery without it being overwhelming.  The room is so cute and girly, but it is also still calm. 



Above:  I really wanted some sort of peg to hang a dress.  This little knob was the perfect find. The main colors of the nursery are pink and gray, but I love that they aren't the only colors in the room.


Above: I really had certain shelves with pegs in mind, but when I found these, I knew they would work out just right.  I love the verse on the cross, which says, "The Lord your God with be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9".  The little pink elephant is an old collectable that my grandma gave me when I was a girl.


Above: I love the mobile and matching sheets.  I should have made sure the sheets were in the pic.  The "Ellie" came from one of our showers and fits perfectly above the crib.  


Above: We're so thankful for a changing station.  I wasn't sure if it would fit in the room, but it is just right.  The little fabric flags were on a diaper cake at one of the showers.  



Above: The mobile is from a shower too and made by my sis-in-law.  Of course, these are the famous curtains that would never have been if a dear friend hadn't gone shopping for the fabric with me and one of sis-in-laws hadn't come over to make them with me.    Below is a quick pic of Jeri helping me make the curtains.  




It's hard to imagine that it won't be long, and we'll have a little girl to actually put into all of the adorable clothes that we've received.  Growing up, I loved to dress up.  I think our little girl will have a head start on when I began putting on dress up clothes for play on Saturdays. 


Above: We had so many amazing hand made things that I couldn't resist using them in the decorations.  The cards were made by dear friends that are on her pin board.  

I love that several if not all of these items on the walls can be used even when she's a little girl.  They aren't just for when she's a baby.  I found most of my great buys at Hobby Lobby, and thankfully, it was right when they were having a 50% off sale on this section in the store!

It's hard to believe we will soon be a family of three!  We can hardly wait, and yet, I still am having a hard time wrapping my mind around this life change just over the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. So cute and so excited to see little Elle Kate when she arrives!

    ReplyDelete