Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for my family. This Thanksgiving, we spent lunch time with Josh's family... all 60+ of them! Yes, it was a crowded house, but it's always fun to see all of the cousins, aunts and uncles. Plus, I love the Mayes' traditions of sharing what we're thankful for and singing hymns and praise songs together. (With that many people, everyone can sing out... even the tone deaf!)


Grandma Mayes playing the piano as we sang hymns.  She is such a precious woman, and although I don't know her like some, she has blessed my life with her kind heart.

We traveled to my parents' house in the evening to enjoy our second meal of the day. Needless to say, I didn't go back for seconds at either house so I'd have enough room for dessert. Although a smaller crowd, it was so nice to have everyone together. We all sat around the table after dinner and shared stories and laughed together. And nothing finishes the day like the family movie Toy Story 3.

2 comments:

  1. We watched Toy Story 3 on Thanksgiving evening too! From Hilton Head, that is... still sad I missed the Mayes cmas, but I'm glad you took this picture! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking all the pics! As you saw I totally stole them on FB. Love all the posts!

    ReplyDelete