Monday, November 1, 2010

Craft Time

I've had this craft brewing in my head for some time.... an organized station for the calendar, invites, pictures, etc.  I love it when we get baby announcements, etc., and I wanted a place to display them... but not on the fridge.

At our apartment, we had a magnetic, white board calendar on the refrigerator.  It seemed to work well at first, but eventually, it became more of a hassle to update monthly than it was worth.  I didn't want to throw it away when we moved because I had plans for it... told ya I've been thinking about this for awhile.

We use to place invites, save the dates, etc. on the side of our refrigerator; however, since we moved, we didn't have a place for such items.  So, my solution was to create my own "station."

I was recently at Hobby Lobby, and everything I bought for this project was 30% to 50% off... my kinda shopping!  I love deals. I think it's in my blood.  Anyway, I digress...  Starting with the magnetic calendar, I found a fabric that I really liked and felt wouldn't be too busy for a background.  I tucked it tight around the calendar and stapled it to the back. 



I found some ribbon to use on half of the board and stapled it tight around the back also to create a partial french board.  Finally, I secured the board in my open frame to hang.  I put a couple magnets on the right side of the board, and I hung it next to our calendar with a tack strip below it.  ...makes me feel like Pottery Barn, but at less than half the price!  Told ya I love a deal. :)

2 comments:

  1. fabulous! it's a great feeling to create something huh? keep up the good work E!

    ReplyDelete