Sunday, December 5, 2010

November.

November went by so fast, but it was a month of blessings. 

  • I'm enjoying a bible memory class that meets once a week.  I love the ladies, and I love how just talking about a few verses can be so enriching and bring so much sharing.  Ultimately, it's about committing to memory, but honestly, it's more than that.  It's taking the time to stop, study and listen as God reveals Himself through His Word. 

  • I also made time this month to create several much overdue cards for friends. 


  • Earlier this month, I was so excited to win tickets to the Veggie Tales concert.  Josh and I planned on taking my nephews, but unfortunately, he had a last minute business trip.  Thankfully, my sister joined me in taking the boys.  I won the tickets from Naptime in Naptown, which is a great blog for young mothers.


  • I've enjoyed doing more cooking and baking in November.  pumkin rolls, cookies, my grandma's cranberry salad and more.

yum, cranberries!

  • We also celebrated my birthday with friends and family as well as going out to dinner, just the two of us. 



  • Finally, I want to leave this post with a verse that's filled my heart the past couple of weeks.  I've been wanting to memorize it for a couple of months (sad, I know), but I finally can say that it's not only in my mind but in my heart.  And I hope to continue to learn how to live it daily.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Let your gentleness be evident to all.
The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters,
whatever is true,
whatever is noble,
whatever is right,
whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable
—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice.
And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:4-9

1 comment:

  1. my, what a stud you went to dinner with! And keep living the verse baby.

    ReplyDelete