I love baking. Did I mention that? The only trick is that I can't talk while I bake (or cook). ... was that my first or second teaspoon of baking soda?... The other trick is that I need to set reasonable limits for myself. I once baked enough sugar cookies to fill a house! I was so sick of seeing cookies that I didn't have the energy to finish icing all of them.
But tonight, I made one double batch of chocolate chip cookies and got a good start. That's four sticks of butter. yum! There's really no secret to baking chocolate chip cookies. Just follow the recipe on the back of a Nestle Toll House bag. But, I use butter. Not margarine. And that makes all the difference. Just ask Julia Childs. :-)
Speaking of Childs, I loved the movie "Julie & Julia." That movie encouraged me to start my own blog. Well, that and following severals friends and Mayes cousins' blogs. It's so amazing to see all of the interests and topics that other women write about in their blogs.
Today, I came across a blog that definitely put me in my happy place. This girl does what I want to do, and I love her style. It's all about digital design: invitations, announcements, holiday cards and even designing her own digital kits. It's like Archiver's, only in digital form!! And right now, she's posted links to download two of her kits for free. Who knows, maybe some day I'll be posting digital prints like hers. I think I would like her too. How do I know? I don't, but she seems cute, and she has a personal blog too that shows a baby shower her and her friends put together. It reminds me of a shower my friends and I hosted this past summer... on steriods! Let's just say, Martha Stewart would be proud. It looked adorable. Check her out at http://taffyappledesigns.blogspot.com/ and if you love paper as much as me, I think you'll be amazed too.
No comments:
Post a Comment