Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wedding Vows Renewed

My dear friend from high school renewed her wedding vows with her husband this past weekend. It was such a special event.  Her husband is from Venezuela, and they met while on a mission trip.  They were married 10 years ago in Venezuela, and I wasn't able to go to the wedding.  I don't think anyone from the States besides her family was there.  So that is partially why she wanted to have a "wedding" here.  I so wanted to be there for her this time for her special event.  And it was simple and yet stunning.  She looked beautiful, and their three darling children walked down the aisle with them.  It was such a special time for everyone to be able to celebrate their family.


Above: Sara and Camilo on their wedding day, July 14, 2002.
Below: Sara and Camilo at their wedding renewal ceremony, July 14, 2012.


Below: Their three wonderful children, Landon, Kyle and Adriana. They have the sweetest hearts.





Above: The guests arriving and the entrance.




Above: All of the guests put their thumbprint on the tree and signed it. 


Above: Sara and her daughter had up do's for the event. Gorgeous!




Walking down the aisle as a family and then reciting vows. Camilo also played guitar and sang a song for Sara that he sang on their mission trip where they met.


Now it's time to par-tay!!


Above: Yum!! Chocolate covered strawberries!

Below: The cake.  The "sand" is crushed graham crackers and sea salt.




  

Above: Cutting the cake!










It was such a fun event, and I loved getting to see everyone.  Sadly, too much time passes between when I get to see these dear friends.  As Camilo says, we need to stop saying we'll plan something and put it on the calendar.  That is so true. 

Below:
Sweethearts.




No comments:

Post a Comment