Wednesday, January 11, 2012

traditions

During the Christmas season, traditions always seem to come up in conversation.  The hubs and I don't have too many traditions yet, but there is one that has remained strong since I was a child... Christmas pj's.  That's right.  Every Christmas Eve, my parents would let us open one present.  And it was always new pajamas to wear to bed and wear all Christmas day while we played with our new toys.

Growing up, I don't think I was so wise to my parents.  We would always BEG to get to open a present the night before.  And I can't tell you when I caught on to the whole, it's pajamas, again.  I just remember getting the wonder woman jammies with cape one year, my brother was batman and robin's Robin with the cape and my sister was older and not so into capes so hers had a small kitty pattern all over it.  That was the best jammies Christmas of my memory.  Sometime I will have to share that picture, which I don't have with me or in digital form.

But I do have this year's Christmas jammies pic.  That's right.  My mom still does Christmas jammies every year. ... for all of us.  We all got our pj's at Thanksgiving this year and was told to wear them to Christmas brunch.  Gotta admit, it takes the pressure off of what to wear, and it sure is comfortable.


Above: Christmas Jammies 2011
My grandparents, sister, nephew and uncle are in the first row.
My parents, us, nephew, bro-in-law and his mom are in second row.

Side note: One might notice a certain pair of jeans in this picture, which aren't really pj-like at all.  My uncle says that he's wearing his jammies underneath.  Good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment