One of several things that really needed to go when we moved in was the blinds in the kitchen. They were frustrating to use and looked ugly.
Above: Exhibit A -- The kitchen before any renovations.
Notice the blinds? Notice the hunter green paint? hmmm...
However, when we got to a good stopping point in the renovations, somehow, the blinds stayed. We hung on to them as long as possible. And slowly, each one broke adding to my dislike for them all together.
Above: Last standing of the original blinds.
For a while, several of the windows in the kitchen, which is in the front of the house, didn't have any covering. I really wanted Roman Shades or the 2" wooden blinds. But I also didn't want to spend a great deal on window coverings, which I began to realize would stay with the house when we move one day anyway.
So, we bought a few different types to try out at home. And we actually hung some dark bamboo roman shades that looked great. However, they had one hitch: ZERO privacy.
Above: Dark Roman Shades, which you could see straight through, especially in the evening.
I think if I were a bit more into sewing I might have been able to figure out a way to put a backing on them. But after them hanging for a couple of months, (and by a couple of months, I mean, notice the seasons change in the pictures) I resigned to the fact that I'm not a sewing, crafty type person, and we took them back.
And this weekend, we finally made it our mission to find blinds that would give us privacy. We are now proud owners of white, plastic blinds. Yep, after all of that, we were very happy to have simple, inexpensive, privacy blocking but not light blocking, plastic blinds. And I LOVE them.
I'm so happy to know that we no longer have strangers and prowlers peering in on us.
Above: Final product.
Also, I'm so thankful for a hubby who's willing to figure out things that might seem menial to some but important to me. Perhaps he is the one who sweetly has the blind love. Now onto our next adventure. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment