Monday, November 7, 2011

Enjoying Today.

Week 17--  I went to the doctor this morning and heard the baby's heart beat... 140 beats per minute. wow!  I also could hear the baby moving about.  This is so amazing to me as I haven't felt the baby move yet, and in some ways, it still doesn't seem real.  I'm so thankful for this little miracle.  My mind keeps going to: Children are a gift from the Lord.  so true.  At our next visit, we will find out the sex of the baby.  I'm really looking forward to calling the baby he or she.  I kind of go back and forth on whether I think the baby is a girl or boy.


Above is my blooming cactus I inherited from a friend who moved.  It was in sad shape 
when I got it.  I just love seeing it's bright pink flowers blooming!

I've been reading "Light Force" by Brother Andrew (author of God's Smuggler... a must read).  I love books I get sucked into and have a hard time putting down.  This one has been a real challenge and eye opener as Brother Andrew shares his experiences and insights of encouraging the Church in Jordan and Israel.  As a Western Christian, I feel I've only heard one side of the story.  But there's never one side of a story, and "Light Force" shares the story of Jewish AND Palestinian Christians... the Church.  And all of the pent up frustration, hurt, humility, hatred, anger, etc. on both sides that makes it so difficult for peace.  During a conversation between Christian Jews and Christian Palestinians, one of the men in the discussion says, "I'm a citizen of Heaven."  That can be so hard to remember going through our days, but it's true for every follower of Christ.  



Above are my mums from McNamara.  They're still blooming and beautiful. I put them by the front door to welcome guests, and so I can see and enjoy them.  What a wonderful greeting!

1 comment:

  1. Hearing the heartbeat is one of my favorite things. Makes me tear up every single time. I'm so excited for you and Josh and can't wait to find out boy or girl. :) And that mum is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete