Lots of things happening to put me in my happy place, but no pictures to share today.
First of all, we stopped at McNamara's sale this past weekend. (McNamara's rates right up there with Pottery Barn in my book.) They're closing their original Broad Ripple location and have now opened a new store at the Glendale Mall. Don't get me started how sad I am to see the original, vintage store no more. But I did get a candle just the size I needed for my fall decorations, and a beautiful 10" purple mum for $5! Score. Speaking of fall decorations, I actually put a few out this year. Another win.
The hubs also put up new blinds in the kitchen. Sadly, I don't think they'll work since they don't really allow enough privacy at night. But they look cool for now. So we're on the look for just the right blinds once again, but at least I think we're on the right track.
The weather is so beautiful outside today. I just want to soak in each of these last, beautiful fall days. I trimmed all of the dried flower heads off of the zinnias today. Stocking up on seeds for next year. ;)
While outside, I was extremely happy to see that we actually have a watermelon! Only two plants came up this season out of the packet of 12 seeds that we planted. Plus about half way through the summer, I noticed that they weren't faring too well and thought possibly it was from lack of all day sun. Since they were dying anyway, I moved them to the center of the garden. Hence, though this poor beautiful fruit won't get enough heat or sun to actually be edible, I'm still so happy to see it. Lesson learned, and maybe we'll get to enjoy this delicious treat from our garden next year!... if I grow a garden. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment