Friday, October 14, 2011

Blah to Bravo!

July, August and September, where did you go?  So, I may have been lacking a bit in my posting for the past several months.  That's probably because of two reasons: 1. Our computer died a slow, painful death. And we finally bit the bullet about a month ago and got a new one. 2. Those months equal just about the same time as my first trimester.  :)

The good news is that I have been working on projects and taking pictures and hope to share more moving forward.  And I just finished something today that I can't wait to show.

We painted our fireplace, and I think it looks smashing!

BEFORE 


The rest of the kitchen is yellow with white cabinets.  
The fireplace was a blah brownish color that was too close to the clay-colored tile floor.


AFTER



The brick is yellow, matching the rest of the walls and making the area feel larger.
The mantle is white and the hearth and step are a slate gray.  We are so pleased with 
how this turned out that we're wondering why it took us a year to do it!

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to message you on Facebook, but CONGRATS on expecting a little one :-) So exciting! Also...LOVE the fireplace, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out beautiful!! Libby

    ReplyDelete