I recently met a woman who was about 7 months pregnant. We talked for a few minutes about being pregnant, and she said, "I don't think women really tell you what you should expect." I totally agree.
I'm not sure I should be the one to the blow the cover on this well kept secret. Basically, let's say, if a woman did tell all that a pregnant body may experience, you would think the description fitting for a truck-driving, over-emotional, queasy, old man.
And my husband's been wonderful. Each time I tell him something new that's happening to my body (like he's my doctor or something), he seems far less surprised than I am. "Well, of course, honey. You're pregnant."
There are some perks to being pregnant. My nails have gotten nice and hard and long. Perfect for painting, which was not common before. and there's also, well, ummm... well... okay, not much. But I'm looking forward to the day I actually have a big enough baby bump for others to see the joy I'm carrying.
Today, I'm off to see my grandparents and maybe do a little baby shopping, just for fun. I've already voted, which means I count. I've painted my nails a beautiful shade of pink/orange. And written this blog post... all before 9 o'clock. It's nice to start feeling well enough to get up and do things before noon again.
No comments:
Post a Comment