Mike's car wash with underbody wash and wheel bright? Check.
Floors swept out with Mike's power sweeper? Check.
Wash the inside of the windows and door frames? Check.
Wipe down the entire inside with Armor All wipes? DOUBLE check! ... Josh actually tried to help me with this, but I wouldn't let him. I saved it for last partially because there's an order to these things, but mostly because it's my favorite part of cleaning out the car. I love how the dashboard looks once it's been cleaned good. And with the Armor All wipes, it seems to repel dust and dirt longer giving it an awesome shine.
See... isn't that beautiful? ... just look at that shine! ...
I'm definitely having a dad moment by taking a picture of my car. I mean, if you go through my parents' photo albums, you'd find pictures of almost every car they've owned thanks to my dad... The Oldsmobile "Big Red," the diesel, two door Pontiac "Black Attack" and the "clunky car" come to mind as cars we had for a while.
When I was a kid, I would go outside and help my dad wash and wax his car. It was a great opportunity for one on one time with my dad. It's not like I had to worry about one of siblings fighting for a chance to clean. Looking back, I think I talked his ear off, but he never seemed to mind. We would just be out there during the long summer days with him putting on the wax, and me wiping it off as the sun hung just above the horizon. I will always be thankful for those memories as a kid. Even now, I get to have good conversations with my dad on the phone or by email. ... and it all started with a little elbow grease and a can of car wax.
Aaaaaaaaw! Cute post! I think it's awesome that you helped your dad clean his car! I bet he loved it!
ReplyDelete