Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Landscaping_Part 2: The Courtyard

When we moved into our home, one of the things that we loved the most was the deck and courtyard.  The courtyard is this sweet little side entrance to the yard that takes you along a whimsical path and under a wonderful shade tree.  Here are pics from before and after.  Enjoy, but you really must come see in real life to see for yourself.


The two pictures above are both BEFORE shots from April 2010. 
The courtyard was bare besides the steps and mulch.



We've added a variety of hostas and impatiens (flowers that love the shade). 
We also planted some lily-of-the-valley, but you can't see them in these pictures.



 



I'm looking forward to enjoying the summer in this peaceful sitting area.  And I can't wait to see how big our flowers get by the end of summer. 

p.s. I forgot to mention in my graduation post that my bro-in-law graduated this spring too!!  I don't have pics from the event, but we're so proud of him for his accomplishment.

p.p.s Check out my updated "About Me" page for more pics.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job, E! Love the deck & furniture and love the curving flower beds! Awesome job! I need to come check it out!

    ReplyDelete