Friday, January 21, 2011

Neighbors

I love baking (if you haven't noticed).  And Christmas time is the perfect excuse for getting out the sugar and flour.  Some friends came over this year to make a whole selection of yummy treats. We had such fun dipping and baking and decorating. 

But once it was finished, I had to decide who to share my spoils with. I wanted to give them to several neighbors, but I wasn't sure how they'd recieve it.  I was afraid they might think it was just more sugar at a time that we're all trying to avoid the treats.  And we have one couple who lives across the street that on first impression, I thought was a sort of odd couple. 

Well, after telling my hubby my worries, he kind of chuckled saying that no one's going to be upset about receiving treats. ...still, it took me over a week to share them. It wasn't until I realized that they won't know I thought of them if I don't give them away that I finally got the courage to go walking...

Not everyone was home as I delivered their goodies.  But one who was home was the couple across the street.  And amazingly, the lady came out of her house, smiling and gave me a big hug. It was so sweet.  She totally made my day and helped me realize my worries were a waste. 

Since then, she's talked to me a couple of times making me all the more glad that I shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment