Friday, January 21, 2011

Friends

It's been great catching up with friends in recent weeks.  A girl can never get enough girl talk... and I love hanging out and making new memories.


  Rachel, Megan, Jamie and I with Santa. ...celebrating my and JP's bdays. But the highlight of the day was definitely Megan's baby news!!  So excited for her and Zach and their families.
 


Amy, Mary and I have gotten to enjoy some quality time together. Mary's daughter is so precious too! She has big, dark eyes that are adorable.  It's been great to pick up right were we left last time Mary was in town. ...dear friends.

Stephanie strutting her stuff.

Mary showing her delightful cupcake.

Aunt Amy clapping with Stephanie.




Sadly, I didn't get a picture of the girls, but this is a stained glass I especially liked at Midland Arts and Antiques.  The Mayes girl cousins get together occassionally and always have a good time together.  This time, we visited a huge warehouse full of junk and treasures.  We spent three hours going through booths full of any and everything.  It was a great time out, and I hope to visit the other antique shops Janna told us about soon too!



  I made Paula's Dean's recipe for peanut butter chocolate swirl cookies for the bake sale at a fundraiser for the Brockman's family.  At this event, we saw new friends and old. It was so good to catch up with people who I had known from church years ago.  I even saw girls that I had babysat when they were younger. 

The event was a huge success and so well organized.  There was a chili cook off, bake sale, corn hole contest, silent auction and raffle.... all raising over $6,000 for the Brockman family. 

Amanda Brockman is a few years younger than I, and we went to church together (and went on a movie date to see Monster's Inc. together!).  She and her husband are expecting their second child any day now.  And the fundraiser was for their two-year-old named Elias who is fighting cancer.  Such a brave boy and we're all praying for his recovery and God's strength for all of them during this time.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Where did you get that beautiful cupcake? Wow!
    2. Where are my cookies? Those look scrumptious, and I think the Fuller family is going to need a batch...or two!

    ReplyDelete