Sunday, February 28, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

I love Valentine's Day.  I always have.  There's something wonderful about the beautiful sugars that come out this time of year.  What started as a love affair with Valentine's candies has grown to so much more.  hearts and ribbons and Archiver's papers.  stickers and sweet nothings.  pinks and reds. 

After watching Julie & Julia, I'm starting to think that my husband and I should host a Valentine's party where everyone wears giant, red, felt hearts pinned to their shirts and send out V-Day cards.  Okay, minus the felt, that really should be a tradition we start.  I love that movie.  The relationship between Julia Childs and her husband is so sweet.  They love and respect each other through thick and thin.  Although we're just starting our marriage, I love how my husband supports me in my hobbies and talents like Julia's husband does for her. 

Here's a collage of 2010 Valentine's creations.  Special thanks to Rach and Meg for the inspiration, help and laughs while creating my giant V-Day heart for my hubby (which I love! oh, and he loved it too.)  The aweseome hot chocolate was made by Rachel and the yummy cupcakes were from Jamie.



3 comments:

  1. You've been a busy beaver on this blog! LOVE the new awesome header and the adorable cupcake and cute stuff on the side!!! SUPER CUTE! And way to cook your hubby the egg-in-a-heart for V-Day! :) Yay for V-Day! Love the post and pics! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the new look. Your buttons and header are so adorable. I'm glad you're back to blogging. You've been missed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a fun Valentines Day! :) Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete