I love so much about preparing for the holidays. ... pulling out the Christmas movies and Cd's ... making our home festive with Christmas decorations ... creating and sending out our Christmas cards. I enjoy shopping for the perfect gifts; although that can get a bit stressful sometimes when I can't make a decision on which one is the perfect one! I love going shopping with my mom and meeting friends for lunch. And getting together with all of the extended family. I am truly blessed.

Aren't their kids adorable? They have two boys and a little girl (wrapped up in the baby sling) that are so much fun. Their oldest son told me very matter of fact that his mom was making him look at the Christmas lights but he didn't care about the "boring lights." He'd rather look at the animals. I love seeing things like the zoo through children's eyes.
Us gals in our aprons and getting ready for some yummy baking.

The guys putting the lights on the live tree while we bake.
3. Our annual family birthday/Christmas celebration.
My sister and her husband's birthdays are only 6 days apart in December. It's become a tradition that we all get together to celebrate. It's now grown to celebrating several other November/December birthdays and Christmas at a dinner together. I love it that we continue this tradition and are sure to see each other before Christmas.
Okay, I'm gonna need a copy of that pic of all of us. Oh, and DEFINITELY a copy of Chase's awesome moves!
ReplyDeleteHey Erin! Your blog is cute, I especially love the pic of you in your apron that says "don't expect miracles".. I need one of those!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to get to know you and Josh as a couple! I realized as I read your entry that in my life you two are still separate entities, Josh a school mate in my childhood and you a best friend in my adulthood. I really can't wait to become friends as couples!
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see all your fave Christmas things!
ReplyDelete