In case you haven't seen my facebook profile pic, I dyed my hair red. Actually, Jeanie did, and she did an awesome job! It's funky and cool and something I've wanted to do for a while now.

But it is closer to a deep red auburn than "just plain ol' red" as Anne Shirley would say.
I love the movie Anne of Green Gables. Anne has been a staple in my life since I was a child. We use to get to pick out movies in the summer to watch while doing chores like snapping green beans or folding laundry, and needless to say, I believe it was Anne that we watched the most. We all loved her. And her red hair was one of the major worries of her childhood. She even dyed her hair green one time on accident in the hopes that it would be come a "beautiful raven black" because a boy in school called her Carrots.
One of my favorite scenes is when she's leaving for school. Her "adopted parents" Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert are standing at the train station waiving good bye to Anne and say:
Marilla Cuthbert: I'm afraid for her, Matthew. She'll be gone so long. She'll get terrible lonesome. Matthew Cuthbert: You mean, we'll get terrible lonesome.
Marilla Cuthbert: I can't help wishing that she'd stayed a little girl.
Matthew Cuthbert: Mrs. Spencer made a lucky mistake, I guess.
Marilla Cuthbert: It wasn't luck; it was Providence. He knew we needed her.
Matthew Cuthbert: Even with her queer little ways.
Marilla Cuthbert: I loved her for them.
If you're looking for a great movie to snuggle up to this winter, you gotta see
Anne of Green Gables http://www.amazon.com/Follows-Colleen-Dewhurst-Richard-Farnsworth/dp/B00005YNTR/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1262447040&sr=1-3
and Anne of Avonlea http://www.amazon.com/Follows-Colleen-Dewhurst-Converse-Jonathan/dp/B00005Y7AN/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1262447040&sr=1-5
You'll fall in the love with the characters and Anne's story.
How fun that you wrote about Anne of Green Gables. I am reading it to Maddy!! She loves it!! I hope to see you on Tuesday!!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was in my first trimester of pregnancy with Farah and was on the couch with nausea during Elliot's naps, I enjoyed reading the prequel (written by a different author) to the Anne series. You can borrow it if you want!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your hair AND Anne of Green Gables...
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen that series in years and I think I would see it through different eyes now that I am older. I need to watch it again soon!
ReplyDeleteoh how I love anne of green gables...
ReplyDelete